Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Andaya laments ‘hatchet job’

October 09, 2018
By Ryan Ponce Pacpaco
People's Tonight

HOUSE Majority Leader and Camarines Sur Rep. Rolando “Nonoy” Andaya, Jr. yesterday belittled as political harassment the complaint filed against him before the Office of the Ombudsman that stemmed from his alleged failure to declare some properties in his statements of assets, liabilities, and net worth (SALN) for several years.

“This is part of an ongoing hatchet job against me connected with my desire to run for the governorship of Camarines Sur,” Andaya said in a statement. “It is an expensive demolition job being waged at all fronts, especially in social media, but with a common thread running through all of them: lies.”

Andaya expressed suspicion that his political rivals are behind the dirty tricks to discredit him.

“In a bid to keep their stranglehold on the province, my enemies are resorting to tactics most foul, because the most recent surveys show that I will beat their candidate, despite the private and public resources at their disposal,” said Andaya.

He also dismissed the Ombudsman case as ‘harassment suit.”  “This would not have prospered if I did not heed the clamor of my provincemates to lead them in changing the bad way the province has been governed for years.”

“I do not expect the masterminds behind this complaint to get my side but I expect Mr. [Butch] Belgica, as a government official, to have asked for my side, and I would have gladly provided him with the facts,” Andaya said.

Unfortunately, Andaya said, Belgica “miserably failed in this one elementary aspect, and opted to chase publicity.”  “This stunt leads me to conclude that he has been a clueless victim of a prank, or a party of an ongoing hatchet job against me.”

“That of the thousands of officials, it was done to me, and two days before the start of the filing of the candidacy at that, smacks of a contracted demolition job. If Mr. Belgica wants to be impartial and fair, I would suggest that he conducts the same investigation into the SALN of my political opponents,” said Andaya.
Free Counters
Free Counters